I help Women transform their lives!
Welcome to Thrive! There are times in life when we simply feel “stuck”. Despite how bleak things may seem, there is always reason to hope for change. I assume my clients are caring and capable, but have simply come to a point where their previous ways of coping are not meeting up to their current challenges. My purposeful questions and insightful guidance helps clients connect with their best selves, allowing them to unlock solutions to the challenges they face.
I specialize in working with women around such challenges as:
- Family Stress
- Saving a marriage on the brink of divorce
- Work-life balance
- Professional empowerment
- Body Image / Self-Esteem
- Habit/behavior change
- Trauma, grief
- Disordered eating (including binge & emotional eating)
- Weight loss from a psychological and habit-based approach
My past career in health & fitness informs my interest in both physical and mental health. I recognize the impact healthy living has on mental health, career and relationships (and vice versa). I know the struggles busy women face to meet the demands of work, family, and nurturing happy relationships. I know how difficult it is for women to prioritize their own happiness and health. I know how our culture’s hyper-focus on women’s bodies can wreak havoc on their sense of worth. I know how defeating it is to set health and wellness goals, only to lose willpower and not follow through.
My work is an offering to women, fueled by my own personal struggles and triumphs, and informed by the most successful evidence-based approaches for healthy living, relationship success and psychological healing. I help women first create a vision of what they can become, incrementally set and attain goals, authentically connect with themselves and their loved ones, and move from “defeated” to “empowered”.
Treatment methods I draw from in my work with women include:
- Solution-Oriented Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Attachment-Based Therapies
- Systemic Model Therapies
- Motivational Interviewing
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Evidence-based Health and Fitness Information
- Masters of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- ACE Certified Weight Management Specialist
- ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist
- Publication: Book chapter on Depression Among the Maya of Guatemala
- Publication: Book chapter on The Effects of Life Transitions Among the Maya of Guatemala
- Publication: Book chapter on The Neuroscience of Hedonic Overeating
I founded Thrive Counseling Solutions as part of my passion to help Women unlock the awesomeness within, so they can live their most healthy and happy lives. I truly believe it is within everyone’s capacity to experience more joy, relationship satisfaction, and wellness, then they may be currently living. I want to help you experience that empowerment!
Originally from Indianapolis, I have grown to love the culture, landscape and outdoor recreation of this great state of Tennessee, where I have made a home with my husband of 17 years and three children. In my free time you can usually find me outside: Walking or running, doing yoga on my deck, hiking, paddle boarding, wakeboarding, skiing, and playing around with my kids.
I look forward to working with you, and am honored to walk beside you in your Transformation Journey!