Research on Exercise and Mental Health:
- Walk and Talk Therapy – WebMD – Exercise is good for the body and the mind. It may also improve psychotherapy sessions.
- NRP Shots – Why exercise may do a teenage mind good.
- About.com – Walking for your mind and spirit.
- BBC News – Walking could be a useful tool in treating depression.
- NY TIMES – How exercise can calm anxiety.
- Prevention – Drug-free plan to improve your mood.
- Brainblogger – Exercise for depression; a gold standard therapy.
- Huffington Post – How to put your Monster Anxiety on a Diet
- http://shar.es/ibK0E – Forget about wonder drugs, a spate of new research shows that exercising today is the key to staying sharp tomorrow.
- NY TIMES – Hollywoods new stars – pedestrians.
Book Recommendations for Mental & Physical Wellness:
- Spark, The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain by John Ratey, MD
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhig
- Self-Compassion: Stop Beating Yourself Up and Leave Insecurity Behind by Kristin Neff, PhD
- Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach, PhD
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let go of Who You Think You Should Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brene Brown
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to be Vulnerable Transforms The Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brene Brown
- Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole, MS, RD and Elyse Resch MS, RD
- Codependent No More by Melody Beattie
Book Recommendations for Relationship Fulfillment:
- Helping Your Troubled Teen by Cynthia Kaplan, PhD, Blaise Aguirre, MD, Michael Rater, MD
- Don’t Feed the Ants (for young kids with anxiety) by Erin Bernardi
- How To Improve Your Marriage Without Talking About It by Patricia Love, ED.D. and Steven Stosny, PhD
- Passionate Marriage by David Schnarch, PhD
- Divorce Busting by Michele Weiner-Davis
- The Sex-Starved Marriage by Michele Weiner-Davis
- Change Your Life and Everyone In It by Michele Weiner-Davis
- Where to Draw the Line by Anne Katherine, MA
- Love is a Verb by Bill O’Hanlon and Pat O’Hanlon
- Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
- It Takes One to Tango by Winifred M. Reilly, MA, MFT
- You Are the One You’ve Been Waiting For by Richard C. Schwartz
- The Road Back to You by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile
- Tarah Brach Podcast– for Mental Wellness
- SelfWork Podcast– for Mental Wellness
- Relationship Alive Podcast– for Relationships
- Headspace App– for Mindfulness Meditation
- Calm App– for Meditation and Sleep
- Moodnotes App– Thought Journal
- Vulnerability Ted Talk by Brene Brown
- Listening to Shame Ted Talk by Brene Brown
- The Secret to Desire in a Long-Term Relationship Ted Talk by Esther Perel
- Rethinking Infidelity Ted Talk by Esther Perel
More to come…!